Search This Blog

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sewing Up a Storm for Christmas!

I have been sewing everyday lately, which is something for me. To date I have made four green grocery bags from Sew Serendipity Bags by Kay Whitt. I gave one away at our Quiltworkers Christmas Social to my secret pal, Amy Walko. 



 Today I cut two more. I love the owls but I really like the way the flowers look as well. I need to make me one sometime but for now, I have more to make for Christmas!



This afternoon I finished one more gift...the Tardis zippered wristlet. These are still secrets so I'm not saying who any of these are for. 



Here's the back.




And the inside. The pocket should fit a smart phone or a passport.




And I finished one more divided basket, pattern by Noodlehead. I gave one away to my secret pal at the VBMQG Christmas meeting. I have three more made so that makes four. Here's the front with the pockets. 




This one might be my favorite so far. This is the back side.




And here's the inside lining and divider.




Here's the tote my secret pal, who I now know was Liz Berry, made me for our Christmas Social this Saturday. I really like the bright colors and dark background. If I turn it inside out it's reversible. It's black inside with a row of large pockets.  Thanks so much, Liz!




After the social Saturday, I came home and made seven of these lanyards for friends for Christmas. These were a very easy thing to make. I hope my friends will enjoy them. Again...not saying who they are because I haven't given them away yet!



What are you making for Christmas? Please leave a comment and share what you've been sewing! There isn't a lot of time left but I plan to make a few more. How about you?



1 comment:

  1. Hi! Wow love the things you have been whipping up! I love that little divided basket, it would be so handy. The lanyards are perfect for so many things. I have one that i attach to my work keys and eveyone knows it's mine! Hope your holidays are great! p.s. Yes! Orvieto is incredible! That is also where Sue Spargo teaches at the convent there at least once a year all her fabulous woolie stuff and stitches.

    ReplyDelete