Search This Blog

Thursday, June 6, 2013

VBMQG Charity Top completed and TARDIS Fabric

I didn't sew all week but I did get this top put together last weekend. As with all such tops, there were a few problem children in the lot of blocks. Someone somehow mixed in a very stretchy fabric so I had to replace a couple of blocks. No big deal. I made 4 in all. Now it will move on to another kind soul for batting and backing. Then yet another will most likely quilt it and perhaps one more person will bind it. Lots of steps. But that's how quilts are made...



My friend, Mary of http://fairlymerry.blogspot.com, recently made a TARDIS in a QAL on Flickr. Right after that I realized my daughter-in-law would love to have one. She doesn't quilt so I think I'll make her's into a pillow, which I know she would use. Below is one of the background fabric I purchased to use in the pillow from Spoonflower http://www.spoonflower.com. The first one is called The Untempered Schism by scrummy. 



The second fabric from Spoonflower is called wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff by spacefem. I am going to try to make the pillow this weekend. Stay tuned! 




If you aren't familiar with Spoonflower, artists submit their designs often for contests. People order fabric made by the designs. You can submit anything yourself to be printed on fabric if you wish to make your own fabric but don't know how to get it in print. At least I think that's how it works. It's a great idea and they have some very cool prints. Check it out if you have never gone there.



No comments:

Post a Comment